Frequently Asked Questions
Our Company
Who we are

We understand the importance of your time and the abundance of options available for obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN). However, we sincerely hope that you consider selecting our services for this task. Our team of committed and well-informed professionals is dedicated to providing unparalleled customer support, and we are eager to assist you.

As a privately owned third-party company, we want to emphasize that we have no association with the IRS or any governmental organization.

Our utmost priority is to ensure that this process is seamless and hassle-free for you. While you focus on managing your business, we will handle all the necessary federal filings to secure your EIN.

How to contact us

You may contact us via the Contact Us link located at the bottom of the page.

Our Services

What is the difference between an EIN and a Tax ID Number?

An EIN, which stands for Employer Identification Number, is essentially the same as a Tax ID Number. It is a unique identifier assigned to a business entity.

What's the objective of applying for a Tax ID Number?

The primary objective of applying for a Tax ID Number, also known as an EIN, is to establish your business's identity with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS).

What if I already have an EIN or Tax ID Number?

In the event that you have been previously issued an EIN but cannot recall it, we can assist you in retrieving the EIN and obtaining an official verification letter from the IRS.

Why do I need a Tax ID Number or EIN?

You must obtain an EIN (Employer Identification Number) if any of the following circumstances apply:

  • Your business operates as a Partnership, LLC, Corporation, or Sole Proprietorship.
  • You have employees working for your business.
  • You withhold employee taxes from wages paid to non-residential aliens.
  • Your business is required to file various taxation forms, such as Excise, Sales, Employment, or Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms forms.
  • You have a tax-deferred pension plan or KEOGH plan.

In addition, if you fall under any of the following categories, you will also need an EIN, which is referred to as a Federal Tax ID Number in these cases:

  • Estates
  • Trusts
  • Non-profit organizations
  • Farmers co-operatives
  • Real estate mortgage investment conduits (REMIC)

Please note that the above lists are not exhaustive. If you have any questions, it is advisable to consult a licensed professional.

When should I apply for a new EIN / Tax ID Number?

In certain cases, when purchasing an existing business, obtaining a new EIN may be necessary, although this is not always the case.

If you already have an EIN and need to update your business name or address, you are not required to apply for a new EIN. You can simply contact the IRS to make these changes.

However, if any of the following actions occur, you will need to apply for a new EIN. The actions are categorized by entity type:

Limited Liability Companies (LLC):
  • Formation of a new charter with the Secretary of State.
  • Incorporation of your business.
  • There are other reasons why an LLC might require a new EIN; please consult the knowledgeable professionals on this website for further information.
  • Formation of a new charter with your Secretary of State.
  • Legal merger resulting in the formation of a new corporation.
  • Transition from being a subsidiary of a corporation using the primary corporation's EIN to becoming a division of that corporation.
Sole Proprietors:
  • Decision to incorporate your business.
  • Transition to a partnership.
  • Purchase of an existing business or inheritance of a business with the intention to operate as a sole proprietor. Sole Proprietor EINs are directly linked to an individual's Social Security Number and cannot be transferred to another individual.
  • Incorporation of the partnership.
  • A partner leaving or transferring their share of the business, resulting in a decision to operate as a sole proprietor.
  • Closure of one partnership followed by the establishment of another partnership.
  • Use of estate funds to create a trust that is not an extension of the Estate.
  • Acting on behalf of an estate that operates a business after the estate holder's death.
  • Change in the type or classification of the trust.
  • Conversion of a trust into an estate.
  • Amendment of the previously applied-for trust classification or type.

Please note that the above lists are not exhaustive. If you have any questions, it is advisable to consult a licensed professional.

Why is there a fee?

While it is possible to obtain your EIN for free by visiting the IRS website, the process can be challenging and time-consuming for many of our clients. In cases where an EIN cannot be assigned online, the IRS requires manual assignment, which involves strict policies and guidelines. It necessitates the submission of specific documentation via fax, along with accurately completing federal forms, paying meticulous attention to every detail. Even a single error on the government form can lead to the rejection of your EIN application without any explanation or notice.

Our dedicated representatives are trained to handle these complexities on your behalf. They will complete the intricate government forms, prepare the necessary supplementary documentation, and communicate with the IRS to secure your EIN.

By using our services, you can eliminate the need to spend countless hours on the phone, deciphering complicated instructions and forms. Our website simplifies the process by guiding you in selecting the appropriate entity type, and our user-friendly application allows you to submit your EIN application to our knowledgeable representatives.

Similar to hiring someone to ensure your tax filings are done correctly, our aim is to assist you in obtaining your EIN by providing expertise and thoroughness for a nominal fee.

How fast can I expect to receive my EIN?

In most cases, you can expect to receive your EIN on the same day. However, if the IRS requires additional information, the process may take up to two business days.

What is EIN retrieval?

If you have misplaced your existing EIN, we can assist you in the retrieval process. Simply complete our application with the necessary information, ensuring that it matches the records held by the IRS.

What is the EIN Verification letter?

If you already have an EIN and require an official verification letter, known as the 147C letter, we can help you obtain it. Fill out the application with the required information, ensuring that the existing EIN provided is valid and accurate.